254 N. Bagley Creek Rd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Tax ID# 81-1001476
The Whole-Hearted Community Manifesto
- Above all else, we want you to know that you are loved and lovable. You will learn this from our words and actions - the lessons on love are in how we treat each other and how we treat ourselves.
- We want you to engage with the world from a place of worthiness. You will learn that you are worthy of love, belonging, and joy every time you see us practice self-compassion and embrace our own imperfections.
- We will practice courage in our community by showing up, letting ourselves be seen, and honoring vulnerability. We will share our stories of struggle and strength. There will always be room in our hearts for both.
- We will teach you compassion by practicing compassion with ourselves first; then with each other. We will set and respect boundaries; we will honor hard work, hope, and perseverance. Rest and play will be community values, as well as community practices.
- You will learn accountability and respect by watching us make mistakes and make amends, and by watching how we ask for what we need and talk about how we feel.
- We want you to know joy, so together we will practice gratitude.
- We want you to feel joy, so together we will learn how to be vulnerable.
- When uncertainty and scarcity visit, you will be able to draw from the Spiritual Truths that are a part of our everyday community life and practice.
- Together we will cry and face fear and grief. We will want to take away your pain, but instead we will sit with you and teach you how to feel it.
- We will laugh and sing and dance and create. We will always have permission to be ourselves with each other. No matter what, you will always belong here.
- As you live your wholehearted journey, the greatest gift that we can give to you is to live and love with our whole heart and to dare greatly.
- We will not teach or love or show you anything perfectly, but we will let you see us, and we will always hold sacred the gift of seeing you. Truly, deeply, seeing you.
Adapted from Brene Brown’s “The Wholehearted Parenting Manifesto”